Peruvian Royal Quinoa Salad is a delicious make-ahead combination of quinoa and vegetables that will delight and satisfy your guests.
There are not too many days between now and Christmas. Do you have plans? Do you have your menu in place? I admit, I only recently started noting what I am “actually” going to do this year. We are changing the plans slightly and while I am encouraged by the change, change is never easy right?
Are you serving turkey or beef? Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes? Green salad or roasted vegetables? We will have turkey, but I am still undecided exactly how I am going to prepare it. We will have sweet potatoes, actually I will probably make the sweet potato casserole. When it comes to salad, you are in luck! I am still in search of the perfect salad to serve for Christmas dinner this year. I LOVE the idea of a make-ahead salad because there is so much going on during Christmas that the last thing I want to do is spin lettuce.
This salad is similar to the Soltero de Quinoa Salad that I shared a bit ago, but something about this one feels like it is a notch up. I know it is because of the extra goodies mixed in like tomato, bell pepper, carrot and hard-boiled eggs.
This quinoa salad has a fairly good chance of making it onto our holiday table this year. I will be sure the vegetables are boiled the day before and I will be able to mix it all together just before serving. I am crossing my fingers now that everyone will enjoy it!
- 2 cups of cooked red quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, cubed
- 1/2 cup boiled Peruvian corn
- 1/2 cup boiled, cubed carrots
- 1/2 cup boiled, green peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- torn Romaine lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed key lime juice
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make the dressing
- In a medium sized bowl, combine quinoa, red bell pepper, tomato, queso fresco, boiled Peruvian corn, carrots, peas, and parsley. Stir the dressing into the salad mixture. (You could refrigerate this mixture at this point.)
- Serve over lettuce or stir lettuce into the mixture. Decorate with sliced eggs.