Baked Almond Chicken Breasts are a simple and delicious addition to the boring meal routine in your household.
Do you need a quick and easy chicken breast recipe for your weekly menu planner? I am not sure if this could be much simpler. Do you need a delicious way to bake chicken breasts? This couldn’t be tastier! Baked Almond Chicken Breasts are quick, easy, simply, delicious, and they will be requested over and over by your family members.
I first heard about making chicken this way in the Quest fitness group I belong to through One Fit Widow. One of the members shared the marinade and how she bakes it and hinted that it was a family favorite. The simplicity of it caught my eye. I had repeatedly been making almond milk and had plenty of homemade almond flour on hand that I was looking for a way to use, so this looked perfect!
Baked Almond Chicken Breasts were made in my kitchen that very same week and every couple of weeks since then. You could serve them with delicious steamed or roasted vegetables and a whole grain side dish like Quinoa Pilaf with Mushrooms. If you have any chicken leftover the following day, slice a chicken breast and add it to a salad—you won’t regret it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (for gluten free, substitute with coconut aminos)
- 1 cup almond flour
- Combine chicken breasts, oregano, basil, thyme, onion powder, lime juice and soy sauce in a ziploc bag or a medium sized bowl. Stir well to be sure the chicken is well coated. Allow chicken to marinade at least 1 hour and up to overnight. (You could also freeze the chicken at this point. To make dish, defrost and continue on with the preparation steps.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a 9×13 baking dish by lightly coating with olive oil. (I use the Misto for this.)
- Spread some almond flour on a plate and transfer one chicken breast to the flour. Coat chicken completely with almond flour and transfer to baking dish. Repeat adding flour and chicken breasts to the plate and transferring to the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.